Monday, January 2, 2012

Zoo Lights

While we were at Grandma's house for Christmas, Gary remembered that Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium hosted something called Zoo Lights during the holiday season. I'd never heard of this before, but let me tell you, it is a great idea, and we all had lots of fun!

Zoo Lights is pretty much what it sounds like: the zoo puts up lots of fairy lights and light displays around the zoo, and you walk around at night and admire the awesome luminosity. These guys don't skimp either. There are lights everywhere!

I suppose the best way to explain is to show you, so that's just what I'll do. Luckily we remembered to take the camera, and a lot of the pictures turned out really well!

There is actually a gaggle of geese at the end of a rainbow. Who knew?



I especially liked the ice skating puffins! Their little scarves are so cute!

Do you see the little baby caribou?


This one came out all blurry, but I kind of like it that way. I thought this tree looked so cool with the bright green and purple contrast. I think it might have been my favorite.

This one is blurry as well, but it gives a good feeling of just how many lights there were!
There were much more lights and cool things to see; it would have taken us forever to take pictures of them all. The aquarium was open too, because I guess fish don't sleep or something. Peri liked to watch the sharks swim back and forth in the big tank. We all had a great time, and Peri enjoyed the walk and all the pretty lights to look at. I think this will be a tradition to go see whenever we are at Grandma's for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. They have Zoo Lights at the Phoenix Zoo, too! We're hoping to go before it's over... I wonder when that is...? Hmm. Oh well! I'm glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete