Thursday, March 15, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Decorations

I've been having a lot of fun decorating our fireplace mantel for the last couple months. I'm not very good at it, but it does make me happy. Technically, the first decorations did were for Christmas, but all I really did was put up the beanbag nativity and our advent calendar. I will get Christmas done properly this year...

  But for now I'm working on my decorating skill by doing all the major (and not-so-major) holidays in between. And right now I'm focusing mainly on the mantel I because with Peri being the mover that she is, I've got my work cut out for me just trying to keep up.

Here's a picture of how Valentine's Day looked:

 It was not overly fantastic, but we did have fun making the hearts as a family. You can't really tell in the picture, but the big square is a heart made out of our hand prints. Peri's are the red in the middle. The garland was also a lot of fun to make, but since I'm kind of not smart sometimes, I kept cutting the letters out backwards! That's why the V doesn't look the same as the others...I was running out of paper . >.>

 I like this month's much better! Still not the greatest, but I was using what I had on hand for the most part. As you can see, I went with a little different St. Patrick's Day theme. Celtic knots instead of the normal shamrocks and leprechauns! I like it a lot. Gary was so nice to let me purchase a few things to fill out my decorating. He's such a nice husband.

 I made a moss box to put the little apothecary jar up higher. I had a littler one for the middle glass, but I am too lazy to cover it with moss, so I just took it down for now. Ribbon is so awesome!

 I printed this Celtic knot from a place called Vintage Printable. It is pretty cool.

 I downloaded a celtic font and printed letters on green paper. This picture frame was in the Valentine's mantel too, but we hadn't yet filled it up with pictures, so I decided to use it for actual decoration this time around. I even found the last corner knot, so it doesn't look as funny!

 I really, really like my wreath and these two Celtic crosses. They make me happy.

For the garland I just looked online and saved a bunch if Celtic knot pictures  to print out onto different shades of green paper. I was going to cut out all of the little spaces in the knots too, but I didn't have a good way of doing so. I still like how it looks.

We actually aren't going to be in town on St. Patrick's Day, but we're planning on making corned beef and cabbage  and perhaps even a fruit rainbow like one I saw on Pinterest. My little baby brother is speaking in Sacrament on Sunday before he reports to the MTC on his mission a couple weeks from now, so we'll have a corned beef feast with him! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment