Saturday, November 17, 2012

Desert Bus for Hope 6

Last night marked the beginning of Desert Bus 6, a telethon raising money for the Child's Play charity. I wrote a post on DB5 last year, and I want to plug it again this year.

My favorite part of the entire endeavor is that for around a week, Loading Ready Run and Friends can basically build a city populated by great people doing great things for children. There are auctions, giveaways, opportunities to create art and poetry and crafts, music, singing, dancing, comedy, and much more. The sense of community they create is unparalleled, and though I've never met any of these people, I feel as though they are my good friends.

One of the highlights for me from Desert Bus 5 last year was a phone interview with "Stepto", an online policy consultant. The idea came up that we shouldn't just be nice to each other, we should be excellent to each other. I call this Stepto's Law, although it was heavily used in the film Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, and should thus be called Bill-and-Ted's Law.

So, watch Desert Bus, and be excellent to each other.

Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment