Saturday, July 21, 2012

4th at Grandma's Part 3

After fireworks and fun the night before, we went to Pointe Defiance Zoo early the next morning. When we got there, there were hardly any people there, so we had the whole place pretty much to ourselves. It was pretty fun. The first place we went was to the aquarium. Peri had fun roaming the halls with us checking out all the pretty fishes.


She still likes the sharks the most (they were her favorite when we visited 6 months ago too). I don't blame her. I mean, who doesn't like sharks?


We saw seahorses. 

And little fishies.


And Dory and Nemo (otherwise known as a Blue Tang and Clown Fish, but what's the fun in that?)


I don't even remember what these were, but they were glow in the dark and looked like they would bite if you got too close. What's not to like?

He reminds me of a Super Mario piranha plant.

We got to see the Tiger chillin' in his/her habitat, which she/he shares with the monkeys or chimps or orangutangs or something. Anyway, the tiger was out, so the monkeys were in, which was kind of a bummer because I think Peri would have really liked to see them swinging around (or more likely moseying around on the ground doing whatever it is that monkeys on the ground do, i.e. not being interesting, so I suppose the tiger was just as well).

We caught the Zoo's plumed mascot wondering why the ice cream stand wasn't open yet. You and me both brother.


And Peri got to run around and play with all the other little tikes at the playground for a little while. The ground is squishy.


But this is undoubtedly the best picture of the day! What a goofus I have for a baby.


We saw lots of other animals: Camels, Elephants, baby Spotted Leopards, Caribou, Yaks, Walruses, Penquins, and so on, but the internet will have lots of better pictures of those things than I took, and I took far too many, let me tell you. So if by some strange chance you've never seen a walrus, you can look up a picture of one online, or go support your local Zoo and buy a ticket for some great family fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment